2-stroke mower for maximum safety on slopes
The pro among lawn mowers. This 3-in-1 model has multiple advantages, starting with its ability to perform in demanding areas such as steep terrain and confined spaces. A mulch kit can be mounted and dismounted without tools, a feature that now comes as standard equipment. Thus, the AS 531 2T ES MK B functions as a mulching mower or as a lawn mower, with or without a collection bag— in other words, 3in1.
The AS 531 2T ES MK B is equipped with the world’s only 2-stroke engine that meets the requirements stipulated by the EU Emissions Directive 97/68/EC. The AS 2-stroke engine maintains engine lubrication regardless of position, enabling work on inclines of up to more than 40 degrees and more without the risk of engine damage. In addition, the AS 2-stroke engine is factory-equipped with an EasyStart function; the CDI digital ignition system cuts the rpms required to start in half. Even in wet grass, the 2-stroke engine’s high torque ensures all of it ends up in the collection bag, which has a capacity of 75 litres and a fill level indicator.
The AS 531 2T ES MK B is the only machine in its class with a safety brake and limited slip differential. As soon as the blade clutch lever is released, the parking brake activates and the mower comes to a standstill, regardless of how steep the slope. This function maximizes user safety.
The mower is easily operated with an open V-shape handlebar developed by AS-Motor: the left hand regulates speed from 3.0–4.5 km/h while the machine is in motion. The right hand steers and activates the blade clutch, the traction drive, and the parking brake. The blade clutch makes it possible to stop the blade without switching off and restarting the engine, for example, when emptying the collection bag. A pivoting handlebar allows the AS 531 2T ES MK B to be used comfortably along house walls and shrubbery or when mowing next to parked cars. The handlebar has rubber-bearing support and VibrationProtect vibration damping that reduces hand-arm vibration to a minimum. In addition, optimal weight distribution ensures ergonomic handling and fatigue-free work.
- The world’s only AS 2-stroke engine with EasyStart has position-independent lubrication, ensuring safe operation even on steep slopes.
- When the drive lever is released, the parking brake automatically engages and the machine stops, whether on a slope or level ground.
- 100% limited slip differential activates in drive, enabling better handling.
- Operation of parking brake, blade engagement, limited slip differential, drive function, speed adaptation, all with just three levers.
- The variable speed adjustment allows optimal performance in all work conditions.
- Optimal weight distribution for ergonomic handling and fatigue-free work.
- Easy emptying of the collection basket through single-bar design. Ergonomic V-handlebar, laterally adjustable.
Factory-equipped with an easy-to-mount mulch kit. Mow with collection bag, rear discharge or mulch.
VibrationProtect and the rubber-bearing supported V-handlebar reduce vibration to a minimum.
SHOCK ABSORPTION OF THE FRONT AXLE
Shock absorption through spring-steel axle and rubber buffer.
SPECIAL FRONT WHEELS
Double ball-bearing supported, smooth-running wheels press down very little grass.